Here’s how to create a new MySQL database in cPanel:
- Login to cPanel
- Find the “Databases” section and click “MySQL Databases”
- In the “Create new Database” field type in your new database name and click “Create Database“
- You’ll see a prompt telling you your new DB has been created, click the “Go Back” button
- Create a new user for the database by scrolling down to the “MySQL Users Add New User” section
- In the “Username” field type in the new database users name. Type in a password or use the “Password Generator” tool by clicking the button.
- The click “Create User“, a prompt will confirm the user has been created, click the “Go Back” button to continue
- To allow the user you just created to access the newly created database, you’ll need to add that user to the database. Scroll down to the “Add User To Database” section.
- To do this: Select the user you just created, Select the Database you just created and click “Add“
- On the next page “Manage User Privileges“, click “All Privileges” and click “Make Changes“
Congratulations, you’ve new created a new MySQL database, created a user for the database, added that user to the database and granted full privileges.