Here is a step by step guide to setting up your e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook Express.
To setup your email account in Outlook Express please follow these instructions:
- Start Outlook Express and select the Tools menu. From here select ‘Accounts’
- In the window that appears press the ‘Add’ button and then select ‘Mail…’
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear to people who receive emails from you. Then click ‘Next’.
- Enter the email address that you want to use and that you have setup with Web Assist. Then click ‘Next’.
- Now you need to enter your incoming and outgoing servers. For the incoming server you should enter mail.’yourdomain.com’ – substituting your own domain name for yourdomain.com. For the outgoing mail server you should enter mail.’yourdomain.com’ as before. Then click Next.
- To finish you need to enter your username (which is your full email address) and password for your mail account. You can change your password in your hosting control panel (e.g. cPanel, konsoleH etc.). Once entered please click Next and then Finish.
- To allow you to send mail through our mail server you now need to make a small change to the properties of the account. Select ‘Properties’ from the ‘Accounts’ window.
- You need to click the tick-box that says ‘My server requires authentication’ or ‘This server requires me to log on’ and then click ‘OK’ and ‘Close’.
- You can now send and receive emails!