Here is a list of the most common South African SMTP settings or outgoing mail server settings:
- 8TA – smtp.saix.net
- @lantic – smtp.lantic.net
- ABSA – smtp.absamail.co.za or mail.absa.co.za
- Afrihost – (ADSL, ISDN, Dial-up) smtp.afrihost.co.za
- Cell C – mail.cmobile.co.za
- CyberSmart – smtpauth2.cybersmart.co.za or smtp.cybersmart.co.za
- Global – smtp.global.co.za
- goggaconnect – smtp.vodacom.co.za
- Iafrica – smtp.uunet.co.za or smtp.iafrica.com
- iBurst – smtp.wbs.co.za or smtp.iburst.co.za
- Internet Solutions – (ADSL) smtp.isdsl.net / (56k Dial-up) smtp.dial-up.net / (3G) smtp.isgms.net or smtp.dial-up.net
- MRP Mobile (Mr Price Mobile) – smtp.cmobile.co.za (you can try this as some clients report it works, if not try other Cell C SMTP settings)
- MWEB – (ADSL) smtp.mweb.net / (56k Dial-up) smtp.mweb.co.za
- MTN – smtp.mtn.co.za or mail.mtn.co.za
- Neotel – smtp.neomail.co.za
- NetActive – smtp.netactive.co.za
- Nexus – smtp.isdsl.net
- Nokia / OVI – smtp.mail.ovi.com or smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Polka – smtp.polka.co.za
- SAIX (Telkom) – smtp.saix.net
- Sentech – smtp.sentech.co.za
- Telkom – (ADSL) smtp.saix.net or smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net or smtp.telkomsa.net / (56k Dial-up) smtp.telkomsa.co.za
- Tiscali – smtp.tiscali.co.za
- Vodacom – smtp.vodacom.co.za or smtp.vodamail.co.za
- Web Africa – smtp.wa.co.za
- Vox – smtp.lantic.net
Increase your profile and professionalism with personalised email for yourself or your business. Search for your perfect domain name and add hosting and even a website if you want. Visit our domain name search tool to find your perfect domain name.
Web Assist provides all hosting accounts with their own SMTP server or outgoing server with the following settings:
mail.your-domain.co.za – substitute “your-domain” with your actual domain name. Thus if your domain was www.happyplumber.co.za your smtp server would be mail.happyplumber.co.za. For more info view this Help Centre article on how to setup SMTP for your Web Assist hosting account.
If you’re a Web Assist client please contact us with any questions you have and we’ll be happy to help.
3 thoughts on “South African SMTP Settings (Outgoing Mail Server)”
What is the SMTP server for FREDD?
Thank you for your question, I’m happy to help.
I don’t have those on-hand. I’ve reached out to the fredd.co.za support and am awaiting feedback. Once I have that I’ll update our SMTP settings and send you the link.
Update: Rodney I’ve tried calling FREDD numerous times and sent three emails to FREDD support with no response. If you can provide alternate contact details I’m happy to pursue those to get updated details for FREDD to add here?