Please note: This tutorial applies to konsoleH hosting accounts only, and not to cPanel hosting accounts. For cPanel hosting accounts you may find a tutorial here.
In konsoleH you can change your email address password as follows:
Option 1 – Change email address password via konsoleH
- Login to your konsoleH control panel.
- If you have multiple hosting accounts, ensure your correct hosting account is selected and then on the left click Mail > Manage Accounts > and then on the right click New Mailbox.
- Complete the Username and Password fields (and Forward if required) and click Add. (for security I recommend using a password generator to create a strong secure password, I often use https://passwordsgenerator.net).
- On the following page remember to copy your mailbox credentials and settings as this won’t be displayed again (you’ll need to reset the password if you don’t have a copy).
Option 2 – Change email address password via Webmail
- Login to your webmail account for the particular mailbox password you want to change by visiting https://mail.yourdomain.co.za (replacing “yourdomain.co.za” with your domain name)
- Inset your email address and current password in the fields and click Webmail Login.
- Once logged into webmail on the top right click Settings > In the left pane click Manage Mailbox > and then enter your current mailbox username and password and click Sign in > Change Password > scroll down to the bottom and click Update Mailbox and you’re done. (for security your password must secure, I use a password generator like https://passwordsgenerator.net/)
- Remember to keep a copy of your new mailbox password in a secure place for your records.