How to add an IMAP/POP3 mailbox to my iOS device (iPhone & iPad).
To setup an iPhone and iPad for use with ann IMAP/POP3 mailbox, please follow these instructions.
- On your home screen, select the Settings Icon.
- Select Mail.
- Select Accounts. (If you don’t see Accounts, you may click on Passwords and Accounts to proceed).
- Select Add Account.
- Select Other from the menu.
- Select Add Mail Account.
- Enter your mailbox information (Enter our name, Your Email & Password > Next)
- Configure your Incoming and Outgoing Server settings:
- Select IMAP which is the default, or POP.
- Further down find Incoming Mail Server, enter your details and then repeat for Outgoing Mail Server, then click Next.
- Host Name: Incoming = mail.yourdomainname.co.za; SMTP = smtp.yourdomainname.co.za (replacing yourdomainname.com with your domain name).
- Your Username is always your FULL email address.
- Username & Password are identical for both Incoming and Outgoing servers.
- Finally click Save and voila, you are done!